Monday, September 10, 2012

Kitchen Chairs

I have been keeping my eyes open for some bar stools for our kitchen.  The kids like to eat at their little table for breakfast and lunch and so I have been standing at the counter.  I mentioned to Hubby that it would be nice to have a couple chairs there for us.  So during my craigslist searching I found these...

 
For free!  I couldn't believe it!  Two of them are plain, but the one with the lighter seat has some really cool wood carvings...



The seats were pretty grundgy.



Last week Hubby went away for work for a few days and so I got busy.  I covered the seats with canvas left over from fixing the roll top desk and then stenciled on a cool design. 
 
 
I then painted them a blue/gray.  I love the softness of this color.  I distressed the edges and then glazed them.  The glaze really makes the wood carvings stand out.
 







 
They are so much more bright and cheerful now!  Not bad for less than $10!
 
  


Linking up to:
Elizabeth & Co.




3 comments:

  1. Love them! They look fabulous sitting there at the bar! Another successful re-do by Lauren!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, those will be a good place for kids to snack and do homework someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you should say that! Last night the kids thought they should eat their snacks at the counter and guess what?! Yep! Spilled apple juice on Mommy's "new" chairs! Needless to say they have been banned from the chairs for the time being. Luckily I was able to get the juice out.

      Delete