Sunday, November 11, 2012

China Cabinet...or Window Seat?

Way back when, I showed you these pictures of a china cabinet I bought when I bought my secretary...




Not real exciting, right?  I loved the curves on the bottom half though.  Mom and I looked at it and thought "entry bench", but it is too tall for a shoe removal seat.  So, I decided I would just add some kind of decoration to the top to make it more exciting and keep it a china cabinet.  I got to work painting and finished the bottom half first.  I really should have just painted it all at the same time because now I know what it looks like alone...






A window bench, right??  I decided that I could not leave it in the garage to get all dusty and dirty...I needed to put it in my room until the top part was done...under the window.  I had Mom help move it in...


Can you see it??  Me either!  What a mess...we are trying to put away the baby stuff/too small stuff...just so you know it is not sitting here anymore...it's in our family room.  :)  Okay, how about now?


Perfect!  With some curtains!  I asked hubby and he still sees "china cabinet".  Really it's more like he sees "no more furniture in here, sell it".  Guess I need to go finish the top...

What do you see?

 
P.S.  I sold my green secretary and hubby tells me "now you can buy some new clothes!"  "MmmHmm...or I could buy a paint sprayer!"  Speechless...I think he is still trying to figure out what happened to his wife.  I did go to the mall and buy a few things and then I went to Home Depot and bought...
 
 
Should make painting the china cabinet top easier.  I haven't been brave enough to try it out yet...maybe this week.  :)
 
Linking to:
 
 
 
 




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking up Lauren! Love the curves and color of this piece!

    ReplyDelete