Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Today is the day.  The whole family is arriving in a few hours and will be here for the long weekend!  I have spent the last few days shopping, cleaning, and baking my dish towels rolls.  Yes, I really did.  Mom and I were testing out a Thanksgiving roll recipe.  The oven was supposed to be on warm, but with my gas oven that means cook apparently.  I only wanted to give the rolls a nice warm place to rise.  The directions said "cover with dish towel and place in a warm spot."  Instead of the smell of baking bread, we had the smell of charred linen.  Of course I was doing this at nap time and so when the smoke alarm went off in the front of the house and our security alarm went off (they're connected) in the back of the house, I had three screaming kids.  All kinds of wailing!  Needless to say, I bought some frozen rolls and those are what we will be eating on Thanksgiving!

I am really bad about the holiday/seasonal decorating, but I wanted to do a little something and I found the perfect thing on Shanty-2-Chic.  They have all the instructions and free printables for the banner and I just put it together...


I was really wishing for a better center piece though.  Especially since that plant goes on my living room side table.  I had decided I wasn't going to worry about it, since the table would be covered in food most of the time anyway, and then this arrived from Hubby's boss!


Perfect!


I love the fall colors!


Now we are ready!  Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment