Wednesday, July 25, 2012

So, my wood love continues.  One of the great things about staining/painting your own furniture is that you can make everything match just the way you like...


See the seascape with the light brown frame that does not match anything in the room?  And now...



I stained and painted it the same as the coffee table.  I really like the way it turned out.  Much better than the light frame!

I think hubby gets nervous now every time I look around one of our rooms..."what is she going to want to stain/paint now??"  :)  Speaking of...I may have painted a few things in the boys room as well.  Hehe.  Pictures first...


Here is Logan's "new" bed from Grammy's old house.  The shelves used to be white and are now brown.  The dresser is a future project.  It is a hand-me-down...my uncle's as a baby, mom's as a baby, mine as a baby, and now Logan's.  I haven't decided how I want to redo it yet, so it is on hold.


I have had these letters for Logan's name since before he was born and finally painted them and put them up.  Obviously I need to find a better method of hanging them since only the L and O are remaining.  :)


Here is Lucas' big boy bed.  Last night was his first night and he did pretty well once he got to sleep.  The two shelves were mine, made by my dad when I was little.  No painting or staining!


Here are Logan's crates again, still home to his monster trucks.  The shelf above also used to be white.  I really like the blue.  I am planning to put pictures of the boys in the two side frames.

So that is the boys' room for now.  Tomorrow I will get up some pictures of Jenna's room.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the grey frame! It goes with the painting much better too. =) Hand-me-down shelves, dressers etc are the best kind! Looks like you are having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go, girl! =) The frame is a great improvement, and I agree that it goes better with the painting, too.

    ReplyDelete