Thursday, December 27, 2012

A Dresser for My Nephew

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas holiday with family and friends!  We went to Arizona and spent our time with Hubby's side of the family.  It was a fun time!  I had one super quick furniture redo before we went and it came with us...a dresser for my nephew.  Hubby and I found this one at a yard sale for cheap and it was in decent shape.


And yes, you read that right Hubby went to the yard sale with me.  There's hope for turning him into a junker yet!

Anyway, I have seen some really awesome stripes painted these days on chairs, desks, and dressers and I thought this dresser would work with stripes.  I did check with my nephew and brother-in-law to make sure they were okay with my idea and they said go for it!  I kept the dark wood top, sides, and feet, but freshened them up with Old English.  The drawers and the lighter wood I painted cream and then taped off and painted red stripes.  The red matches his Arizona Wildcat themed room...Go Cats! 


I think it could go nautical also.


I was kinda nervous about his reaction...he is 16 and I my "cool" and his "cool" are not on the same level most of the time.  :)  I think it passed the test though!  What do you think?

Linking up to:




4 comments:

  1. I think it's cool! That means two "Aunts" think it's cool. It looks great and would go perfectly with his Wildcats theme. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! Love the stripe down the side. Thank you for sharing at my party. Happy New Year! -K

    ReplyDelete