Thursday, December 20, 2012

Party Time!

Today was the Christmas party at our son's preschool...book exchange, cupcake decorating, fun time!  This was the first year I was responsible for a teacher gift.  I wanted something fun and unique.  So I headed over to my favorite store, Hobby Lobby, and bought:

3 wood plaques
3 red knobs
1 bag of wood letters
1 can of chalkboard spray paint
Everything else I had on hand

I was making three of these - one for our teacher and two for a friend's teachers.  I do not have any "during" pictures since I was in a bit of a rush.  I sanded the plaques and stained them a dark walnut.  Then I taped off the edges and sprayed them with the chalkboard paint.  After they dried I cut the knobs down (I did not want them sticking out the back), drilled holes in the plaque and two of the wood letters, put some hot glue in the hole, and pushed in the knob.  I picked out some letters and hot glued them on the other side.  Then I tied up some chalk and jingle bells and hung them from the knob.  On the back I mod-podged a picture of my son and his teacher and wrote their names and the year.  Here it is all put together and ready to go:




We gave it to her this morning and she seemed to really like it!  What do you think?  Hmmm...future Etsy store??  :)

Linking up to:

 

 

1 comment: